The Trjoan EMREX Cover is used with the EMREX Unit to deter unintended / malicious activation of the unit when it is installed in a public area. The unit is passive and has no electronics that could fail and cause the unit not to operate. The Cover has two sets of outputs which are used to monitor the operation of the cover being lifted. One set of contacts connects to the piezo (buzzer) input on the EMREX unit and the second to the Access Control System for monitoring. The cover is designed to clip into place when closed, to make the operation of it a deliberate action, as it will not lift without reasonable force. This will prevent any accidental or unintended operation of it. The EMREX Unit fits into the base of the cover before both parts are fixed to the wall, preventing it being removed without unscrewing it from the wall. It is also available in an un-monitored form if no indication of activation is required.
- Designed to complement the EMREX Unit and comply with local codes for emergency egress
- Two outputs; one set for local audible indication and one set for status monitoring
- The Em-Cover is secured behind the EMREX Unit to prevent removal.
- The cover is designed to latch closed so as to make the operation of it a deliberate action.
- The cover is made of polycarbonate so as to withstand long term operation without any deterioration.
- Minimal moving parts.
- Text and graphics will not deteriorate over time and the unit is easily cleaned.
- Overall dimensions; 92mm (w) x 153mm (h) and fits a single gang electrical flush box
- Switching voltage max is 30Vdc, 200mA
- Output for connection to the EMREX for audible indication
- N/C output for status monitoring (opens on activation)