The Single Series Electromagnetic Locks (maglocks/mag locks), operate with holding forces from 250kg up to 580kg. Covering a range of applications the Z4 and Z8 Electromagnets are ideal for applications from Standard doors through to high use commercial swing doors.
With fixing options including wood, aluminium and steel constructions, as well as glass door applications, the range caters to most electromagnetic needs.
- Fail-safe: unlocks when power is removed
- Easy installation: suitable for both new and retrofit usage
- High holding force: refer to the technical data overleaf
- Self-alignment: armature plate pivots to accommodate door drop
- Silent operation: no humming or buzzing
- Dual voltage: site selectable 12 or 24 Vdc
- Monitoring: Reed Switch monitoring on all models. Hall-Effect monitoring onZ8 models.
- Instantaneous release: smart electronics on the Z Series Electromagnets eliminate residual magnetism
This indicates that the lock is powered and that the armature plate is in position and magnetically bonded (it monitors if the magnet is locked)
Reed switch monitoring
An integrated reed switch monitors the door position separately (it monitors the position of the door)
- Aluminium doors
- Glass doors
- IT Storage rooms
- Access control
- Surface mount for inswing and outswing doors
Standards and Compliance
- Successfully fire rated up to 4hrs on fire door assemblies in accordance with AS1905.1. 2005 (Part 1: Fire resistant door sets)
- CE Approved
- C-Tick Certified
Holding Force550kg – 580kg
Dimensions(L)266 x (H)72 x (D)40 mm
Voltage12Vdc/ 24Vdc ±10%
Current512mA @ (12Vdc) 256mA @ (24Vdc)
MonitoringHall-Effect/Bond sensing & Reed Switch
Operating Temperature-10 to 55 Degrees
Operating Humidity0 – 95%
Holding force is measured directly between armature and magnet, holding force on the door may vary depending on the leverage created. The Single Series Electromagnetic Lock should be constructed in an aluminium case with heavy duty electromagnet. The range only operates in fail safe mode and relies on a secondary lock or battery backup system. In some cases the magnet armature plate pivots to accommodate door drop. The lock needs to be equipped with inch smart electronicsinch that have zero residual magnetism, (instantaneous release). This is crucial for correct operation.